2020 AI Webinar Recordings
Recorded on April 29, 2020, this two-hour webinar is for the Maine business community, policymakers, attorneys, healthcare providers, and other members of the public. The following topics were covered by a panel of experts, led by a moderator for each session.
Note: Times indicate the start of each session within the video. View transcript of the Maine AI Webinar.
Introduction by University of Maine Vice President Ali Abedi and opening remarks by President Joan Ferrini-Mundy.
(4:00) Advances in Artificial Intelligence – Moderator: Terry Yoo, Associate Professor of Computer Science, UMaine
(32:00) Applications of AI in Business, Industry, Government, Healthcare and Environment – Moderator: Ali Abedi, Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering and Assistant Vice President for Research, UMaine. Abedi slides (PDF)
- (36:30) Kay Aikin, Co-founder of Introspective Systems. Aikin slides (PDF)
- (43:00) Sepideh Ghanavati, Assistant Professor of Computer Science, UMaine. Ghavanati slides (PDF)
- (47:30) Yonggang “Tim” Lu, Harold Alfond Associate Professor of Business Analytics, Maine Business School. Lu slides (PDF)
- (51:45) Auroop Ganguly, Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Director of the Sustainability and Data Science Laboratory, Northeastern University. Ganguly slides (PDF)
(1:02:00) Education and Workforce Development – Moderator: Penny Rheingans, Director of the School of Computing and Information Science, UMaine
- (1:03:00) Jason Judd, Executive Director of Educate Maine. Judd slides (PDF)
- (1:08:05) Penny Rheingans, Director of the School of Computing and Information Science, UMaine. Rheingans slides (PDF)
- (1:13:05) Sharmila Mukhopadhyay, Director of the Frontier Institute for Research in Sensor Technologies, UMaine. Mukhopadhyay slides (PDF)
- (1:18:00) Walter Rawle, Chair IEEE Maine Section. Rawle slides (PDF)
(1:29:30) Social, Ethical, Policy and Legal Considerations – Moderator: Shaleen Jain, Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering, UMaine
To view a list of questions asked during the AI Webinar and panelist responses, please visit the Webinar Q&A webpage.
Organized by: UMaine AI
Sponsored by: University of Maine
Advances in Artificial Intelligence
The live event was held on Thursday, September 3rd, 2020
Rebecca Hwa, National Science Foundation, Program Director
Kaushik Chowdhury, Associate Director of the Institute for the Wireless Internet of Things, Northeastern University
Fawzi Behmann, North American Director of IEEE Communications Society
Applications of AI in Business, Industry, Government, Healthcare, and Environment
The live event was held on Thursday, October 1st, 2020
Mohamad Musavi, Associate Dean, College of Engineering, UMaine
Owen McCarthy, President, and Co-founder of MedRhythms Inc.
Somayeh Khosroadzad, Signal Processing Specialist, Activas Diagnostics LLC
Education and Workforce Development
The live event was held on Thursday, November 5th, 2020
Yifeng Zhu, Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering, UMaine
Torsten Hahmann, Associate Professor of Computing and Information Science, UMaine
Walter Rawle, Chair IEEE Maine Section
Social, Ethical, Policy, and Legal Considerations
The live event was held on Thursday, December 3rd, 2020
Manuel Woersdoerfer, Assistant Professor of Computing and Information Science, UMaine
Leigh Saufley, Dean of the University of Maine School of Law
Jim Isaak, Past President of IEEE Computer Society, IEEE NH Section Chair.